Topic for Teens Method (15 to 17 years)
We start with a Fact
The topic method was created to cover a social problem in Spain. Our children show good skills for reading and writing in English. However, they are not capable of communicating or understanding the language in different common contexts, such as watching a movie or having a conversation in English.
Our main objective is that the teenagers acquire the capacity to understand the information they hear in English and greater fluency in their conversations. With the topic method the teenagers gains confidence to communicate in English. Through everyday conversations they learn to control the English language in any situation.
The ability to communicate fluently in English is a basic need for a career.Whether it is a job interview or their professional development they need a high level of English in multiple topics.
What does this consist of?
Before the session begins the teacher selects a topic (cinema, sports, music, etc..). The system then provides the activities related to the topic based on the age of the students, their level of English and their learning style. The contents are based on the topics that are in the students interests and communicative functions, not based on grammar content. At the end of the topic, the student receives written information about the vocabulary and the most relevant expressions to reinforce the knowledge acquired.
- The contents are based on topics that the student is interested in.
- The teacher starts with the basic knowledge the teenager has about that topic.
- To increase motivation these activities are mixed with leisure activities in English.
- At the end of the topic, the student receives the vocabulary and the most relevant expressions.
- Native teacher.
- Chosen by our human resources team.
- Our courses are between 1 or 2 weekly hours.
- The programme is developed from the first few days in October to June, although exceptionally you can hire other periods of the year.
- The sessions are interrupted during Christmas holidays and Easter.
- The evaluation of the students is based on periodically informing the parents about the topics their teen is working with and the improvement of oral skills.